Thursday, January 27, 2022

Sky is Falling

 "God is not a magic 8 ball we shake up and peer into whenever we have a decision to make. He is a good God who gives us brains, shows us the way of obedience, and invites us to take risks for him."

Last week on the way home from watching Xman play basketball, my phone rings.
"Mom something just fell from the sky, hit my car, and busted my whole windshield."
After making sure he was okay, and thinking a few Chicken Little jokes to myself, we decided that he would be able to get the car home (just a few miles) and we'd evaluate from there.
He followed me home and just as I'm about to pull into the neighborhood, a deer runs right in front of my car.
On the two blocks from the entrance to my neighborhood into my house, I had a few choice words with God.
We've had a hard week.
This particular kid has had enough challenges for one week.
We were DONE.
And now the sky is falling on him?
Just the day before he and I had stood in front of a professional who didn't believe he was telling the truth because some data said otherwise.
I believed him.
She believed the data.
Run the data again I insisted.
The sky continued to fall on this kid.
We were, again, down a car and having to shuffle all the people all the places.
I prayed hard Thursday night and Friday morning for this kid to just get a glimpse of God at work.
To be reminded God is good.
To be reminded God is good to him.
To be reminded God is good at being God.
Just a glimpse.
As he and I wrestled with all the pieces of the sky falling over the course of more than a week, we talked about how others don't know your sky is falling.
We wish others treated us with some grace and space but they only think of their own sky.
Even adults.
Mama Warriors, what if we approached everyone like a piece, or two or three, of their sky was falling?
What if offered grace and space for mistakes, for imperfect moments, for not their best?
Or what if we took time to sit with people before we jumped to conclusions, made rude comments or put what we think above the people who stand in front of us?
What if we became people who made space for people first?
No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment