Thursday, January 6, 2022

Fulfilled

 "If you don't have the strength, energy or will to cling to God, ask God to cling to you. Say, "It's one of those days God. The burden is on you, so hang on to me." A prayer is more than words. It's a stance you take, a position you claim.".

Over the Christmas break, SD and I attended his work Christmas party.
To be honest, I was a little nervous about meeting all of his work colleagues.
What would I talk about?
I do, in fact, own not one, but two, degrees in education.
While I do hold a part time position as an "educational consultant" in a variety of forms, I spend the majority of my time parenting and educating our own children.
I just finished reading this book about how often mothers lose their "unicorn space" as their "free time" becomes filled with wife/mother/daughter duties over the years.
The unicorn space is what fulfills you. What feeds your soul. What stimulates your mind. What challenges your body.
It's what makes YOU uniquely YOU and fulfilled.
Your unicorn space is what the host of Jeopardy wants to know about in that one thing you get to share after the first commercial break.
Your unicorn space is what makes you interesting at a party.
In route to the party, I was thinking - oh my gosh, what is my unicorn space?
I began to panic that my unicorn space is dismal and nearly non existent.
SD's work family are super nice people. I spent the evening learning about their unicorn space. The gentleman who has taught in countries all over the world whose accent alone makes a story interesting. The family with the farm who are finally empty nesters and their stories of adventures over the years. The nearly retired individual with grand travel plans in the books.
I realized over the course of the night that a fulfilled life is what fills your unicorn space.
I wanted to choose unicorn for my word for 2022 but instead chose "fulfilled."
For 2022, I want to rethink the way I talk to myself.
What we water grows, right?
I want to start watering statements that fulfill me.
Mama Warriors, maybe you too, feel like your unicorn space is just that - some magical, made up thing.
I challenge you to rediscover that which fulfills you.
Make space and time for your heart (connections), head (learning), higher (spiritual growth), health (physical), and hands (creative).
45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” Luke 1:45
No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment