Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Actions

 "Intentions don't build relationships."

Yesterday the car place called and they had FINALLY fixed Homer. We do a lot of business with this local establishment, and I'm on a first name basis with multiple employees. We've been countless times without them trying to sell me something I don't need.
This latest repair was most likely their fault.
Yesterday I felt tugged to bake them brownie bites. I tried to ignore it a few times because honestly it's an expensive repair that wasn't in my budget and I have had to inconvenience several other people this week to help us keep commitments.
When I walked into the establishment yesterday, the manager immediately came out to greet me. Ready to take my anger so the younger cashier wouldn't be burdened with that. I approached carrying the cutest card by Peanut (which I forgot to take a picture of!) and the pan of brownie bites, and I could literally see both employees sigh from relief.
The big kids were little puzzled that we were "rewarding" the business with a treat for taking 4 days to do something they originally said would take 2 hours.
I explained to the kids the idea of reaping what you sow. We are going to give them the benefit of the doubt - assume the best. Believe that they are concerned with our safety and wanted to make sure our car was fixed correctly. And we are going to thank them for that. We are taking the high road. The generous road.
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9: 6-8
The thing is taking the high road is not the normal anymore.
Thinking the best of people - is not the normal anymore.
Giving more than you receive is not the normal anymore.
Mama Warriors, we teach our children our belief system in the small. We teach our children our belief system in how we react and act in the day to day. We show our community Jesus in the small. It's not in the pews at church on Sunday folks, it's in the local auto shop on a Tuesday afternoon.
We don't SAY we are Christians. We BEHAVE like it.
It's not enough to have good intentions.
We have to have good ACTIONS.

Published September 2017
No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment